Getting to Albania
Albania Land Borders
Border checkpoints between Greece and Albania:
– Through Kakavija, the southern border with Greece, you may enter in Gjirokaster;
– Through Kapshtica, the south-eastern border with Greece, you may enter later in Korca;
– Through Qafe Boti – Konispol relating to Filati;
– Through Three Bridges relating Përmeti with Konica.
Border checkpoints between Montenegro and Albania:
– Through the Hani Hotit and Murriqan-Sukobina you may enter in the town of Shkoder and Shkodra Lake;
– Through Ulqini in the southern border with Montenegro you may enter the town of Shkoder;
– You can now enter from Vermosh, from where you may be linked to the region of Kelmendi in Albania and Plava Gucia – Montenegro.
Border checkpoints between Macedonia and Albania:
– Through Qafe Thana we relate to Pogradec, Elbasan and Librazhd;
– From Tushemisht, to southeast of Ohrid Lake, in direction of Pogradec;
– From Blladë, in the direction of Peshkopia or Bulqiza and Burreli;
– From Gorica the road heads north of Prespa Lake.
Border checkpoints between Kosovo and Albania
– Qafa e Prushit
– Qafe e Morinës.
Through bus service you can also move through cities:
Tirana – Shkup and other towns in Macedonia through Qafe Thana.
Tirana – Prishtina and other towns in Kosovo through Morina.
Korce – Thessaloniki, Greece, through Kapshtica.
Tirana – Athens, through Kakavija.
Tirana – Sofia – Bulgaria, and Istanbul from Qafe Thana.
Albania Sea Borders
The port of Durres relates to the Italian ports of Bari, Brindisi, Ancona, Trieste and Koper in Slovenia.
Port of Saranda. Daily movements performed with the island of Corfu.
Port of Vlora. Relates to Brindisi and Otranto.
International Airport “Mother Teresa” (also known as Rinas) is approximately 25 kilometres from Tirana and has many direct flights from Europe. Main city connections include London, Frankfurt, Mynich, Milan, Rome, Vienna, Brussel, Ljubjana, Athens, Bologna, Istanbul etc.
The city of Tirana is linked with the airport by bus service. Departure for the airport is made from Skanderbeg Square every hour to the airport.